Today I celebrate another milestone. For the first time in my life, I cooked! And it is not my usual sausage, eggs or pancakes combo as I am trying to be a little more advanced than that! I cooked lasagna and I did not have any assistance from a kitchen expert (like my mother). Just the recipe which I got online and my (ehem) kitchen instincts. I even did the grocery shopping by myself, which I found to be a funny experience because I felt the need to google the images of the ingredients which were alien to me (like the bay leaf!!).
End result: Yummy lasagna and a Nigella Lawson wannabe! I wasn't the only judge, mind you. My aunt (Tita Rochie) said it has a rating of 5 stars (out of who knows). =D
 |
| Done with the layering of the bechamel sauce and mince mixture... |
 |
| ...and into the oven! |
There is definitely room for improvement, but this is a start. Pretty soon I'll be a domestic goddess! Or a demi-goddess. :-)
1 comments:
Post a Comment